Understanding the Pros and Cons of Surrogacy
Understanding the top pros and cons of surrogacy in Los Angeles, Los Angeles is worth knowing by both the intended parents and the surrogate mother. Knowledge is the key to making the right decision and when you are fully aware of all the details, then you can assess and decide if surrogacy is really for you or not. This guide will show you the pros and cons of surrogacy.
Top Pros and Cons of Surrogacy: PROS
- Surrogacy gives intended parents added support and guidance during the course of the pregnancy – the surrogate mother will also assist in alleviating some of the stress they are experiencing.
- As a result of surrogacy, intended parents with fertility concerns have the chance to have a baby with their genetic make-up.
- Intended parents can choose their surrogate based on a set of qualifications that best fit their needs.
Top Pros and Cons of Surrogacy: CONS
- Since there are some individuals or groups who do not fully understand and appreciate the benefits of surrogacy, some people may criticize the intended parents and surrogate mom.
- Surrogacy is a very time-consuming process. Determination and patience are needed from the intended parents and the surrogate mother. The surrogate mother will also have to go through many medical procedures, which may cause frustration and distress.
- For intended parents, the price tag of the entire surrogacy journey is pricey since their insurance may not necessarily shoulder all medical expenses.
There are a lot of pros and cons of surrogacy. However, given the advantages, many overlook the disadvantages because of the joy and fulfillment that surrogacy brings to the intended parents and the surrogate mothers.